doin’s-a-transpirin’ Alex Dobie 5 Jan 2020 2 Source: Android Central The start of a new year — or indeed a new decade — is a natural point to take a breather and consider how far we’ve come, and what lies ahead in the following months. The 2010s’ saw smartphones dominate the consumer tech space, with fortunes made and lost in the process. And although critics have repeatedly said that phones as we know them have plateaued, this space remains highly competitive and exciting. So on this first Sunday of the 2020s, I’d like to offer a few thoughts on where we’re headed through the next twelve months. You still won’t need 5G 5G networks are currently split between early mmWave offerings, which need signal maps measured in fractions of a city block to identify areas of coverage, and early sub-6GHz networks, which match the best-case-scenario speeds for strong LTE coverage areas.Get two Samsung Galaxy S10 for the price of one! 5G will be exciting once these two coalesce to give us reliable, multi-hundred-megabit speeds everywhere. But we’re not there yet, and I’m betting we still won’t be by the end of 2020. Carriers, manufacturers and chipmakers will tell you you… Read full this story
- The best standing desk converters for 2020
- Google is turning Android phones into an earthquake tracking system
- When will my phone get Android 11?
- 2020 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second Round predictions
- Best Gaming Accessories for Phones in 2020
- These are the best cheap Samsung Galaxy S20 deals for August 2020
- From Rags to Riches: Driving a 2020 Nissan Versa to the Hamptons
- Campaign 2020: Viewer Guide to the ‘Virtual’ Democratic National Convention
- Campaign 2020: Viewer Guide to the Republican National Convention
- In the 2020 Race, Uncertainty Is All Trump Has Going for Him
From the Editor's Desk: Five Android predictions for 2020 have 288 words, post on www.androidcentral.com at January 5, 2020. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.