Americans are almost twice as likely to have a favorable opinion of the #MeToo and Time’s Up movements against sexual harassment and sexual assault than an unfavorable one, and a majority thinks the movements have made at least some progress in raising awareness about sexual harassment and misconduct. Majorities of both men and women say this. Almost half of U.S. adults say they are rethinking some of the ways men behave toward women, and a third say they feel that what constitutes sexual misconduct is clearer to them now because of these movements. Still, most think sexual harassment and misconduct remains a serious problem. Some views differ along generational lines and by political ideology. Younger and more liberal Americans seem to be more accepting of the movements. Older and more conservative adults are more skeptical with many of them saying the movements have gone too far, a view held by a third of the public overall. Assessing #MeToo and Time’s Up Men and women and those across all ages tend to view these movements more positively than negatively, with the exception of men 65 and older who hold a more unfavorable than favorable view. Most U.S. adults (63%) think the… Read full this story
- #MeToo Issues Continue to Make an Impact on Sundance Films
- Norwegian Air makes progress on turnaround plan after cutting capacity by a quarter
- UPDATE 2-Norwegian Air makes progress on turnaround plan after cutting capacity by a quarter
- Trump 2020 campaign manager Brad Parscale calls polls "the biggest joke in politics"
- AP-NORC poll: Americans split on personal, country’s future
- Israel boycott movement is antisemitic, says Binyamin Netanyahu
- Love Island's Maura ditches fake tan and make-up for stylish makeover
- #MeToo and the Taboo Topic of Nature
- 'Grid girls': F1 follows darts by calling time on women in hotpants
- #MeToo prosecutors deploy experts early to thwart defense
#MeToo and Time's Up: Most think the movements are making progress - CBS News poll have 304 words, post on www.cbsnews.com at January 7, 2020. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.