A large number of Bhim Army members took out a protest march on Sunday against the Supreme Court’s ruling that state governments are not bound to provide reservation in promotions in public services.Bhim Army chief Chandra Shekhar Aazad led the protest march from Mandi House to Jantar Mantar.He also gave a call for a ‘Bharat Bandh’ on February 23 demanding that the government brings an ordinance to nullify the ruling.Read More | Reservation as right: on Supreme Court judgmentHarjeet Singh Bhatti, the Bhim Army spokesperson, said, “The judgment of the apex court is totally against the Constitution’s promise of right to equality.” Also Read Bhim Army chief moves Supreme Court to review February 7 judgment The Supreme Court has held that states are not bound to provide reservation in appointments and there is no fundamental right to claim quota in promotions.The apex court said this while dealing with pleas regarding Uttarakhand government’s September 5, 2012, decision to fill up all posts in public services in the state without providing reservations to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes.The government’s decision was challenged in the Uttarakhand High Court, which struck it down.
- The March on Washington took place in 1963
- CARIBBEAT: Coalition for Human Rights in the Dominican Republic to hold New York protest against DR residency laws
- CARIBBEAT: Rally for rights of Haitians in the Dominican Republic marching to City Hall
- Anti-Egypt military chants at 17 Christian protester funerals
- ‘Virginity test’ army doctor aquitted in Egypt
- Egypt protests: Tens of thousands march in Cairo to protest overthrow of ousted president Mohamed Mursi
- Military, protesters clash in Cairo
- VIDEO: Two Outbursts By Anti-War Protesters at Senate Hearing on ISIS
- Bahrain court sentences protester to death, sends doctors to prison
- Army Staff Sgt. Robert Bales remembers ‘little’ of Afghanistan massacre: lawyer
Bhim Army takes out protest march against SC ruling on reservation in promotions have 292 words, post on www.thehindu.com at February 16, 2020. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.