This was meant to be bad news, and in a way it is: Storm Ciara (easier to write than to pronounce) has swept across the United Kingdom, disrupting travel on road, rail and in the skies. Floods have inundated low-lying areas, while on high ground the ferocity of the gales has caused wreckage to property and, perhaps, to the balance sheets of insurance companies. But still, when I saw the newspaper headline last week, ‘Enjoy the calm before storm Ciara’, something in me rebelled against that apparently unexceptionable statement. Storm Ciara (easier to write than to pronounce) has swept across the United Kingdom. Pictured: Waves crash against a lighthouse at Newhaven Harbour, East Sussex Floods have inundated low-lying areas, while on high ground the ferocity of the gales has caused wreckage to property. Pictured: Massive waves and gale force winds pound the harbour wall at Porthcawl, Wales I enjoy storms, and I am sure I am far from alone. Children all seem to do so, perhaps because they don’t have the adult anxieties about the threat to property, or indeed the knowledge that such weather can end lives, when a tree suddenly falls on a passing motorist. That almost happened… Read full this story
- Cliff Kuhn M.D.'s Fun Commandments Unlock Humor's Amazingly Powerful Natural Medicine
- Speeds Kills, But Thrills
- Ken Starr calls out House Democrats for exercising 'raw power' against Trump: 'Every American should be concerned'
- Aromatherapy - Powerful Natural Antibiotic
- Revival Herbal Supplements - Increase Immune Power Naturally
- Most Powerful Natural Stamina Booster Remedy To Increase Energy
- Aromatherapy - Powerful Natural Weight Loss Fast
- How To Boost Immunity Power Naturally At Home?
- Herbal Erection Enhancer Supplements To Increase Male Power Naturally
- Aromatherapy - Powerful Natural Allergy Relief
DOMINIC LAWSON: A storm could have killed my wife, but I still thrill to the raw power of nature have 295 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at February 10, 2020. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.