NZ Vs IND Highlights: Rain caused play to be called off early. © AFP Play was called off early on Day 1 of the first Test between New Zealand and India as rain set in during Tea. India were left struggling at 122/5 after the first two sessions, with Ajinkya Rahane batting on 38 with Rishabh Pant for company. After winning the toss and electing to bowl, New Zealand got off to a brilliant start. Tim Southee removed Prithvi Shaw early for 16 and debutant Kyle Jamieson bowled a dream first spell as he sent both Cheteshwar Pujara and Virat Kohli packing. Ajinkya Rahane and Mayank Agarwal then put their foot down and built up a decent partnership, taking India to 79/3 at Lunch. Trent Boult struck soon after the second session resumed when Agarwal top-edged a pull shot to Jamieson. Jamieson’s dream debut continued as he then got Hanuma Vihari to edge one to BJ Watling. Ajinkya Rahane carried on fighting and he reached Tea with 38 runs in the belt, partnered by Rishabh Pant. Ross Taylor, playing his 100th Test, will be pleased too, having taken the catch to dismiss Virat Kohli. (SCORECARD) Live Score 1st Test, Basin Reserve, Wellington, Feb 21,… Read full this story
- New York is struck dumb – and all of the USA is sick with worry as coronavirus is predicted to spread faster than a bullet train, writes TOM LEONARD
- New Zealand Bans Assault Rifles, Announces Buybacks Less Than a Week After Christchurch Shooting
- New Zealanders queue up for haircuts at MIDNIGHT as lockdown is lifted: Friends mingle and shoppers return to malls as country enters 'new normal' today
- Busting out! BRALESS New Zealand Playboy model Gemma Lee Farrell suffers wardrobe malfunction in plunging sheer top
- Asia Today: New Zealand ends most coronavirus restrictions
- Hanoi targets 10 new-style rural districts in 2020
- Coronavirus: Air New Zealand forges ahead with new business class cabin despite Covid-19 chaos
- Apple considering possibilities of shifting a part of its production to India
- U.S. Regulators Approve New Coronavirus Antigen Test With Fast Results
- Coronavirus: Roche antibody test to be rolled out to health and social care staff 'within days and weeks'
New Zealand vs India 1st Test Day 1 Highlights: Rain Halts New Zealand Charge With India Reeling At 122/5 have 358 words, post on sports.ndtv.com at February 21, 2020. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.