The National Security Act has been slapped on Dr Kafeel Khan over allegations of delivering an inflammatory speech at a demonstration against the Citizenship Amendment Act held in Aligarh Muslim University. A case was lodged against him, and he was arrested from Mumbai on January 29.Accused of promoting hatred between religious communities, he was brought to Aligarh first and shifted to Mathura jail swiftly. Police said the step had been taken to prevent further stir amid ongoing protests against the citizenship law. Dr Khan’s presence could worsen the situation, they believe.Dr Khan was granted bail in the case on February 10 after paying a bond worth Rs 60,000. But, he continues to be lodged in Mathura jail because of the fresh charges.Close According to a News18 report, the chief judicial magistrate sent a messenger to the prison authorities on February 13, urging them to expedite Dr Khan’s release. related news In The News podcast | From Delhi election to Oscars, and the bank that restricted circulation of Rs 2,000 notes Kafeel Khan remanded in judicial custody, transferred to Mathura jail Delhi police commissioner granted emergency detention powers under National Security Act: Reports Speaking to the media, his brother Adeel Khan… Read full this story
- Imran Khan urges world community to grant debt relief as Pakistan’s coronavirus cases reach 5,230
- Imran Khan urges world community to grant debt relief as Pak’s coronavirus cases reach 5,230
- Priti Patel FINALLY surfaces in radio interview to slap down overzealous police after they threaten to check people's shopping for 'non-essential' items and set up roadblocks to ensure motorists only make legitimate trips during coronavirus lockdown
- How the man running World Health Organisation trashed by Trump as China-centric is a career politician who worked for a Communist junta and became WHO's first NON-doctor Director-General 'following intense lobbying from Beijing'
- PM Imran urges world powers to help Pakistan in fight against COVID-19
- Social distancing 'heat map' reveals people in Middlesbrough are most likely to flout the new 'stay at home' rules designed to curb the spread of coronavirus
- Coronavirus Live Updates: British Prime Minister Boris Johnson Admitted To ICU
- It’s as if humans are the problem and technology is the solution
- Pictured: Heavily pregnant NHS nurse, 28, who died from coronavirus after her daughter was saved by emergency C-section as hospital chief hails baby's survival a 'beacon of light at this very dark time'
- The coronavirus facts China wants the world to forget: Beijing releases a COVID-19 timeline - but fails to include whistle-blowers, Huanan food market and 'the order to destroy all samples'
NSA slapped on Dr Kafeel Khan for 'promoting communal hatred' have 420 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at February 14, 2020. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.