Reports suggest nine clubs are in favour of ending the campaign by June 30. © AFP Premier League clubs will debate how to finish the season on Friday, with reports that a June 30 deadline will be proposed amid the coronavirus crisis. Bosses at the Premier League are under pressure to thrash out the best way to conclude the 2019-20 campaign after the pandemic caused chaos with the football schedule. Premier League action has been suspended since March and the financial fall-out is causing clubs to worry about potentially huge losses, while highly-paid players are yet to agree wages cuts to help balance the books.Reports suggest nine clubs are in favour of ending the campaign by June 30, with the complications of contract expiration dates — many are set to run out at that time — among the key issues.Chelsea midfielder Willian and Tottenham defender Jan Vertonghen are two of the stars whose contracts will expire, making it a risk for them to play on if the season extends into July.Liverpool are due to change shirt manufacturers from New Balance to Nike, while Watford and Newcastle are also switching kit suppliers, raising the potential for contractual disputes if the season… Read full this story
- Premier League odds, Prince-Wright’s picks: Week 11
- Premier League Player of the Season tracker
- ‘Project Big Picture’ rejected by Premier League clubs
- Who can Premier League teams draw in the Europa League?
- Petr Cech named to Chelsea’s Premier League squad
- Report: Liverpool asks Premier League to investigate derby decisions
- Chelsea 3-1 Leeds United: Giroud and Zouma lead Blues to Premier League summit
- Premier League Fantasy Picks: Back Kane to make north London derby history
- Football betting tips TODAY: Kane to score in Tottenham vs Arsenal north London derby – Premier League predictions
- Shoaib Malik gives Lanka Premier League his seal of approval
Premier League To Debate How To Finish Season On Friday have 297 words, post on sports.ndtv.com at April 17, 2020. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.