Travel writer Rick Steves Travel writer Rick Steves Photo: Courtesy Photo: Courtesy Image 1 of / 1 Caption Close Image 1 of 1 Travel writer Rick Steves Travel writer Rick Steves Photo: Courtesy The future of travel, according to guidebook writer Rick Steves 1 / 1 Back to Gallery Travel has changed considerably since European travel expert Rick Steves published his first guide “Europe Through the Back Door” in 1979. In the time it took Steves to write 50 guidebooks, host 10 seasons of “Rick Steves’ Europe” on TV, start a public radio show, release a mobile app for audio tours and grow a company that guides 30,000 people through Europe each year, he’s adapted to innumerable changes to the industry. Now Steves is adjusting to the next major development in travel: the coronavirus pandemic. From his home in Edmonds, Wash. (where he’s spending his first summer in 30 years, as he’d normally be in Europe for the season), Steves recently discussed the future of travel with The Washington Post. (This Q&A has been edited for clarity and length.) Q: How do you think your business will change? Between writing the guidebooks and your tour program that brings so many… Read full this story
- 'My best travel discovery of 2016'
- Why Is the Steve Jobs Movie So Obsessed with Bob Dylan?
- Florida Sen. Rick Scott: Businesses Should Begin Crafting Plans for Reopening ‘Now’
- Steve Dalkowski, Inspiration for 'Bull Durham' Character, Dies at 80
- Trump clamps limits on travel from Europe to US for 30 days
- Larry Cohen, Writer-Director of 'It's Alive' and 'Hell Up in Harlem,' Dies at 82
- Steve Dalkowski, inspiration for ‘Bull Durham,’ dies at 80
- How the coronavirus taught a Bay Area travel writer a lesson in humility
- Steve Dalkowski, the inspiration for Nuke LaLoosh in ‘Bull Durham,’ dies
- Steve Dalkowski, inspiration for “Bull Durham,” dies at 80
The future of travel, according to guidebook writer Rick Steves have 295 words, post on www.chron.com at June 22, 2020. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.