Kindly Share This Story:By Charles Kumolu, Deputy Editor General Ishola Williams (retd) was not a frivolous officer when he was in the Army. Stories have been told about how upright he was that he had to quit the military when the rot became unbearable during the Abacha regime. So outspoken, there were instances when he reportedly confronted the powers-that-be on the ills in the society and the role of the military in creating them. Not done with his campaign to rid Nigeria of bad leadership, he has continued his activism in retirement. Unlike many Nigerian leaders who have benefited from the rot in the system, Williams has left nobody in doubt about his conviction that corruption ranks high among the nation’s challenges. Among other positions he held in the military, he was the Chief of Training, Operations and Plans (CTOP) at the Defence Headquarters and retired as the head of Nigerian Army Training and Doctrine Command, TRADOC. He is presently on the faculty of Pan African Strategic and Policy Research Group, a conflict resolution forum. A former head of global anti-corruption body, Transparency International, Nigerian Chapter, Williams, in this interview, speaks on the probe and suspension of ex-acting Chairman of… Read full this story
- Land Grabs in Africa Creating Food Crisis?
- Jack Williams Reunites With One Of The First Wednesday’s Children
- What You Need to Know About LinkedIn Lead Gen Campaigns
- Robin Williams Likes Games Other Than
- Wendy Williams Puts Talk Show on Hiatus to Deal With Graves’ Disease
- Serena Williams Covers Vogue With Daughter Alexis Olympia Ohanian Jr.
- When a Billionaire Drug Exec Arrested for His Role in the Opioid Crisis Threatens to Sue You
- Gen Z and the Future of the Digital Experience
- Fourth Gen Camaro/Firebird Suspension Tuning
- Lotus And Williams Form Partnership, Is It For The "Omega" Electric Hypercar?
MAGU: How Obasanjo created EFCC crisis – Gen. Ishola Williams have 311 words, post on www.vanguardngr.com at July 12, 2020. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.