DRUG-RELATED deaths in England and Wales have hit record highs as deaths involving cocaine use increased for the eighth year in a row, data has revealed. Official data from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) shows that 2019 had the highest number of drug-related deaths registered in more than a quarter of a century. The ONS stated that there had been 4,393 deaths relating to drug poisoning in 2019, a small increase from 4,359 in 2018. Cocaine use seems to be partly to blame for the increase in deaths with a 34.2 per cent increase from 2018. Of those deaths caused by cocaine the rate increased by 26.5 per cent in women and 7.7 per cent in men. Overall deaths caused by the use of cocaine accounted for 16 per cent of all deaths.The Sun previously launched the End Of The Line campaign, to highlight the devastating effects of the drug, as usage continues to rise in the UK. The ONS data also revealed that two thirds of deaths were related to drug misuse and the figures revealed that the drugs-related death rate of men was twice as high as that of women, with 104.7 deaths registered per million men,… Read full this story
- Drug Overdose Deaths Reach Record High In US
- Alcohol Is Killing People In The US At Record High Rates
- Ford Says Certain Ranger Pickups Should Stop Being Driven Immediately after Second Airbag-Related Death
- NFL power rankings: Bears, Texans hit new highs; Eagles, Falcons keep falling
- Horse Deaths are Threatening the Racing Industry. Is the Sport Obsolete?
- ‘It Was Like a Zoo’: Death on an Unruly, Overcrowded Everest
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus on Oakland sister’s death in the Sierra: ‘It was out of the blue’
- After cheating death as an infant, Michigan State's Khari Willis finds purpose beyond NFL
- Celebrity Drive: Five Finger Death Punch Drummer Jeremy Spencer
- This local high school’s football field won’t open on time — thanks to a little bird
Drug-related deaths hit record high as surge in cocaine use to blame have 310 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at October 14, 2020. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.