SAGE scientists have warned coronavirus is ‘running riot’ across all age groups amid reports ministers will declare a second lockdown as early as next week. And hospitals are treating four times more women aged between 20 and 40 than men. This is because women are more likely to work in educational and healthcare settings, they said, putting them at greater risk of being exposed to the virus. Professor Calum Semple, from Liverpool University, warned on BBC Radio 4 today Britain’s second wave has spread across all age groups because there is no national lockdown to ‘protect huge swathes of society’. ‘It’s slightly slower growth than we had in the spring,’ he said, ‘but like a super-tanker it’s really moving now’. Scientists have traded blows over whether a second lockdown should be imposed to curb the rising tide of infections, amid reports it could be brought into force as early as Wednesday. Some warn the Three-Tier system has already failed, but others say the Government should find a way to ‘live with the virus’ instead of opting for repeated lockdowns. Coronavirus cases in the UK have marched upwards since schools returned and parents went back to their offices in September. In the… Read full this story
- Generation reboot: 'How we found our dream jobs in midlife'
- 100 jobs in Devon and Cornwall you can apply for right now
- Apollo 11 launch: The women who helped to put a man on the moon
- Warning to parents after spike in kids' sport injuries
- The 20 best dating sites and apps
- My squad goals: let’s cheer on a new era for women's football
- Simple ways for men to live longer
- Fermanagh child abuse: Like lambs to the slaughter
- Women in the driver's seat
- Eight job vacancies including one very important festive role
SAGE scientist warns Covid is 'running riot' across ALL age groups and hospitals are treating four times as many women aged 20-40 than men because they're more likely to be in frontline jobs have 288 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at October 31, 2020. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.