Chinese leader Xi Jinping visited an exhibit on China's involvement in the Korean War at a military museum in Beijing on Monday, falsely claiming a Chinese victory in the conflict. The Korean War caused three years of fighting on the Korean Peninsula. It began with North Korea invading the South in June 1950 and active fighting ended with an armistice in July 1953. China entered the war in October 1950, sending what it referred to as "volunteer" troops, officially the Chinese People's Volunteer (CPV) army, to aid the North Koreans. Neither side of the Korean War agreed to a peace treaty, meaning the war is still technically ongoing today. The museum exhibit visited by Xi and other Communist Party of China (CPC) leaders on Monday commemorates the 70th anniversary of the CPV army entering the conflict. China's military involvement in the war has been increasingly emphasized in recent years by the CPC, which refers to the conflict as the "War to Resist U.S. Aggression and Aid Korea." "The victory in the War to Resist U.S. Aggression and Aid Korea was a victory of justice, a victory of peace and a victory of the people," Xi said at the exhibit, falsely claiming… Read full this story
- Trump says his meeting with Xi Jinping went 'better than expected', insists he won't be imposing tariffs on China 'for the time being' and reveals Kim Jong-un responded 'very favorably' to his offer of a DMZ meeting as G20 summit ends
- “Anonymous” hacking group says to prepare for World War 3
- The war against alternative information
- Standing Rock victory in North Dakota as US Army Corps of Engineers revokes pipeline permits
- 'We must place women's economic empowerment at the heart of the G20 agenda': Ivanka Trump addresses world leaders during G20 Summit in Japan as proud dad Donald watches on
- Trump considering “sudden strike” on North Korea as time is running out for peaceful resolution
- China's Appetite for Spam Is Wrecking U.S. Waterways
- Deadly cruise missile sub arrives in South Korea as U.S. plans ICBM test and North Korea gets a warning from China
- The Politics of Brinksmanship
- If You Had Cancer Would You Know it?
Xi Jinping Observes Victory Against ‘U.S. Aggression’ in Korean War have 366 words, post on www.breitbart.com at October 20, 2020. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.