Age, ethnicity and wealth could determine whether you get the coronavirus vaccine first under plans being considered by experts. Scientists are looking at the prospect of using an algorithm developed by Oxford University academics to find out best who is most vulnerable to Covid. The Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI), which is responsible for shaping the UK’s vaccine strategy, has already produced an 11-tier priority list, according to the Telegraph. Age, ethnicity and wealth could determine whether you get the coronavirus vaccine first under plans being considered by experts BAME PEOPLE ARE NOT GENETICALLY MORE AT RISK OF DYING FROM COVID-19, STUDY SAYS Black, Asian, and minority ethnic (BAME) people are not genetically more at-risk of dying from Covid-19, a study concluded last week.BAME communities are two to three times more likely to die from coronavirus than other members of the population, analysis of NHS data has previously revealed.However, scientists in Japan and the US found no differences in seven genes associated with viral entry of SARS-CoV-2 – the virus that causes Covid-19 – across ethnic groups.Pre-existing medical conditions and environmental factors are more likely to blame for people of ethnic minorities being more likely to die of… Read full this story
- Pfizer says its coronavirus vaccine could be ready in the autumn in global race to beat the pandemic
- When will a coronavirus vaccine be available in the UK?
- When will a coronavirus vaccine be available in UK?
- Too many ‘shiny objects’: Why it’s risky to promise a coronavirus vaccine and cure
- The world will have to live with threat of coronavirus for the 'foreseeable future' because there is no guarantee of a successful vaccine, senior WHO expert warns while Oxford professor says a cure 'was not certain'
- Coronavirus vaccine: When will we have one?
- Groups sow doubt about coronavirus vaccine before one even exists
- How to Handle Fertility Treatments amid Coronavirus Pandemic — Expert Breaks Down What to Expect
- Developing Covid vaccine is like flying a plane while trying to build it: University of Georgia's Ted Ross
- US may approve emergency use of Ebola drug remdesivir TODAY – as Oxford expert hails trial as 'fantastic result and great news for the fight against Covid-19'
Your age, ethnicity and wealth could decide whether you get the coronavirus vaccine first as experts consider using Oxford algorithm have 364 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at November 1, 2020. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.