Lockdown Romeo Dale McLaughlan today tells of his mad, terror-filled trip across the Irish Sea, saying: “I did it for love.” The smitten roofer forked out £5,500 for a jet ski so he could be reunited with Jessica Radcliffe, who he had met just weeks earlier. Dale, 28, set off from the southern tip of Scotland to the Isle of Man. But the 27-mile journey was anything but smooth and he went from lockdown to locked up for breaking Covid rules. Speaking for the first time since his release, Dale admits what he did was “crazy”. He tells the Sunday Mirror: “As soon as I hit open water I thought ‘Oh my God’. It was like getting a kick in the teeth. “It was terrible. It wasn’t fun. I followed the GPS, but after half an hour a massive wave wiped it away. I didn’t have a clue where I was going.” Dale – who had never even sat on a jet ski before his adventure – also reveals how: He was battered by waves for four-and-a-half hours after veering off course. He held on for dear life and felt like “a crappy James Bond”. With his fuel light showing… Read full this story
- 'I moved on because I felt I had done all I could': Whitney Houston's lover reveals they stopped talking after the star wed 'annoying' Bobby Brown because the star 'changed'
- From “1917” to “Jojo Rabbit,” Composers of Some of the Year’s Top Scores Talk Shop
- How David Letterman Reinvented TV
- Kent during impeachment testimony: Burisma should be investigated
- No Kids Were (Permanently) Hurt While Filming
- Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights: do we need new film versions?
- 8 Life Lessons from the Winter Olympics in Sochi
- Letters: USC keeps Clay Helton and readers keep fighting on
- The Life and Death of the ‘Children of God’ Messiah
- The Rolling Stone Interview: Leonardo DiCaprio
Jetski Romeo who broke Covid-19 rules to see lover 'felt like crappy James Bond' have 304 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at January 2, 2021. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.