BOSTON (CBS) –It was just a few weeks ago that Patriots owner Robert Kraft had an interesting comment about the team's drafting over recent years. Mainly, he didn't think the team had done "the greatest job" at drafting players the past few seasons. While Kraft was willing to dish out nearly $160 million for New England's offseason spending spree, he said that sustained success and winning is the product of good drafting. He made it clear that the Patriots would have to up their game when it's their turn at this year's draft. READ MORE: Red Sox’ Winning Streak Ends At 9 As Twins Walk Off With 4-3 Win Patriots head coach Bill Belichick responded to those comments during his pre-draft video conference on Thursday, saying that the team is always looking to improve its approach in every aspect of the game. He believes they have done that this offseason. "We're always looking to get better, always trying to evaluate everything we do and trying to find a better way to do it. I wouldn't say that's an annual process with the draft, but it's something that we do on a regular basis throughout the course of the season, whatever… Read full this story
- Patriots still have no interest in Andy Dalton, Cam Newton; Jarrett Stidham on track to start, per report
- Patriots 2020 NFL Draft Preview: Wide Receivers
- Patriots scouting intriguing quarterback prospect ahead of Draft
- Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger was surprised rival Tom Brady spurned the Patriots for the Buccaneers, saying 'there might be deeper wounds [in New England] than people realize'
- Carolina Panthers set to sign XFL quarterback P.J. Walker
- The story of the NFL draft, from extravaganza to unadorned
- Patriots offseason tracker 2020: Free agent scorecard, latest signings, NFL draft news, updates and more
- Tom Brady leaving Patriots for Buccaneers: Tampa Bay officially introduces their new QB
- Tom Brady leaves Patriots for Buccaneers: Quarterback lands in Tampa, moves into Jeter's mansion
- Patriots select Tom Brady's replacement in latest mock draft
Bill Belichick On Patriots’ Approach To Draft, This Year’s ‘Interesting’ Group Of Quarterbacks have 343 words, post on boston.cbslocal.com at April 15, 2021. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.