House GOP Leader Kevin McCarthy on Monday formally laid out a plan to hold the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) accountable for the coronavirus pandemic, a "roadmap" that includes eight steps Congress can take to do so. Key recommendations from the plan include a formal push to strip Beijing of the Winter Olympics next year as well as opening up China to wrongful death lawsuits in federal court here from people who lost loved ones to the virus. McCarthy also pushes for funding bans from U.S. tax dollars going to places like the Wuhan Institute of Virology and to any gain-of-function virus research being conducted by China–and he calls for a counterintelligence investigation into the World Health Organization (WHO) and for its director-general Dr. Tedros to resign. "Last week, I wrote to you saying that our country was dealt a significant blow by the coronavirus and that the Democrats in Congress and the White House have no plan to hold China accountable," McCarthy wrote in an open letter to the House GOP conference on Monday. "This letter offers eight pillars we will introduce to deliver transparency and justice as Republicans continue to lead on behalf of the American people. As of… Read full this story
- GOP House Leader Kevin McCarthy Says He Supports Trump's Move to Commute Roger Stone's Sentence
- Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy Accidentally Calls Louie Gohmert 'Congressman COVID'
- McCarthy: Biden Won’t Answer Tough Questions on Coronavirus, Mask Mandate
- House Republicans claim USPS leadership doxxed, blame Dems for 'fabricated attacks' and 'conspiracy theories'
- House Republicans claim USPS leadership doxxed, blame Democrats for 'fabricated attacks' and 'conspiracy theories'
- 'Playgrounds for racism': Trust in social media is fuelling prejudice against Chinese people during the coronavirus pandemic, study shows
- Warren touts Biden's 'really good plans,' says Trump 'failed miserably' on coronavirus
- Trump to hold unconventional White House convention
- Trump Jr. seeks to elect 'new blood' to Republican Party
- Trump campaign unveils Republican National Convention speakers
Kevin McCarthy Lays Out Plan for House Republicans to Hold China Accountable for Coronavirus Pandemic have 322 words, post on www.breitbart.com at June 21, 2021. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.